Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cards from Canada

This week I have three more beautiful cards to share with you. They are sent from Canada by Karli. And they arrived Friday, May 11th. 
Oh boy, what a fabulous envelope it is and all these goodies inside. Fantastic! Seems that it has a rough journey but at least it arrived safely. I don't mind some wrinkles on the cards. It only shows how far it has travelled. 
Karli sent this amazing card with painting of Titanic. It looks like photo. I love paintings which look realistic. I'm stunned by skills of artists. This card is even more superb 'cause it shows ship and ocean and on the envelope is matching stamp. So awesome! Love it!

Titanic Maiden Voyage'
Original oil by E.D Walker
Titanic on her maiden, trans-Atlantic voyage in mid-ocean, heading for the New World,


With every card from Saskatchewan, Canada, I'm sure I want to visit it one day and see all this beauty with my own eyes. Isn't it gorgeous place. I love this tranquil water and reflection of the trees on it. Seems that any moment now the fish will jump off the water and catch the fly :)

Gem Lakes - Near Nipawin, SK
Image by Kymber Palidwar

And one more serene view. So magical! I love the colors and this lovely tree silhouette. Wait a few seconds and couple in love will row with their boat on the lake :) Stunning view!

Sunset in northern Saskatchewan, Canada

Karli kept surprising me. She is so sweet :o) Beside the marvelous stamps on envelope she added some extra stamps for me :o) On the stamp is Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. It's from the third edition of the Diamond Jubilee package. So majestic and blue :o) Gorgeous stamp!


 It's always confused me then people in movies tell: "give me a nickel", "It's a dime". What does it mean? Thanks to Karli, this mystery is solved :o) She sent Canada cents and also explanations on side. 25 cents is 'quarter', 10 cents is 'dime', 5 cents is 'nickel' and 1 cent is penny. 
Unfortunately I couldn't make a very good picture of these coins. They are so shiny. Like they are polished :o) These coins are with so beautiful design. I love that they all are different and shows something Canadian.
25 cents, 10 cents, 5 cents, 1 cent

 Thank you so so much, Karli. You keep surprising me every time :o) Do you have any idea how happy I am to know you. You are Super!!! I love all your card so much and stamps and these lovely stickers and absolutely everything! Thank you!

No comments: